Level of Difficulty:
Level of Flexibility:
Best for Body Types:
Welcome to the X-rated sex position! This is a move that is sure to get you hot and bothered – in all the right ways. In this position, the person doing the penetrating lies on their back while the receiver mounts them, facing away from their partner.
Once penetrated, the receiver then lays forward stretching their legs straight back so their torso is resting between the legs of the person they’re with. This position gets its name from the X shape that the couple’s legs form.
The receiver in this position does most of the work, as they slide their body up and down against their partner. One way to get to gain more leverage while thrusting is to grab onto something sturdy in front of you, like a bed post or other piece of sturdy furniture. If you want to be in charge of the speed and intensity of your orgasm, this is the perfect position to do so.
Due to the angle of penetration, this is far easier for heterosexual couples to do since anal sex is pretty much impossible in this position.
In X-rated sex position, the person doing the penetrating lies on their back while the receiver mounts them, facing away from their partner.
How does a couple perform the X-rated sex position?
Here are step by step instructions on how to properly perform the X-rated sex position:
- The person who will be doing the penetrating should lie down on their back on the bed or other chosen surface.
- The receiver then mounts them, facing away from their partner.
- Once penetrated, the receiver then lays forward stretching their legs straight back so their torso is resting between or on top of the legs of the person they’re with.
- The receiver in this position does most of the work, as they slide their body up and down against their partner.
- One way to get to gain more leverage while thrusting is to grab onto something sturdy in front of you, like a bed post or other piece of sturdy furniture.
How difficult is this sex position?
This position is actually pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. The only thing you need to be careful of is making sure your partner is properly lubricated before getting started. Otherwise, things could get pretty uncomfortable, fast.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the person being penetrated will likely be doing most of the work. So, if you’re someone who gets easily tired during sex, this might not be the position for you.
Is this position good for vaginal sex?
This is an ok position for vaginal sex, but there are definitely better options out there if that’s what you’re looking for. The main issue with this position is that the angle of penetration can make it difficult to hit the G-spot. This is far more of a novelty or just one position to scratch of your list of shit to do.
If you’re someone who enjoys G-spot stimulation, you might want to try something else.
Is this position good for anal sex?
The X-rated sex position is unfortunately not suitable for anal sex. The angle of penetration in this position makes it difficult, if not impossible, to successfully engage in anal play.
If you and your partner are interested in anal sex, we recommend trying a different position like Doggy Style or The Eiffel Tower positions.
What are the benefits of this position?
This position has a few benefits that are sure to please both partners.
For the person doing the penetrating:
- They get an excellent view of their partner’s behind.
- They have their hands free to roam around their partner’s body, or finger their ass.
For the receiver:
- They get to control the depth and angle of penetration.
- They can take a more active role in their pleasure by thrusting back against their partner.
What are the drawbacks of this sex position?
While this position has many benefits, there are a few drawbacks that should be considered.
For the person doing the penetrating:
- They may not be able to thrust as deeply as they would like.
For the receiver:
- They may need to use their hands to stabilize themselves since they are doing most of the work.
- They may not be able to grab onto their partner as much as they would like.
What are the variations of this position?
The X-rated sex position has just a few variations that can be done to change up the dynamics of the move. Here are some of the most popular variations:
- The Reverse X: As the name suggests, this is simply the reverse of the X-rated sex position, which is basically the cowgirl position with their legs straight. In this variation, the person being penetrated faces the penetrator, instead of facing away from them. This allows for deeper penetration and can be a more intimate experience for couples.
- The X-Rated Ankle Grab: This is another variation of the X-rated sex position that is similar to the scissor variation. However, in this one, the person being penetrated grabs their partner’s ankles firmly as they ride them. This helps them to have more control over the situation and can lead to more powerful orgasms.
Can sex toys be used with this position?
Absolutely! In fact, we recommend it. The X-rated sex position is the perfect opportunity to bring in some extra stimulation for both partners. Have your partner reach around and stimulate your nipples or clitoris while they thrust into you. You can also use a vibrator on your clitoris while in this position for an explosive orgasm.
For those who want to take things up a notch, there are a few different ways you can do that as well. If you or your partner are into bondage, this is a great position to be restrained in. Handcuffs or rope tied around your wrists can add an extra level of excitement.
For couples who want to add anal play into the mix, this is also a great position to do so. Have your partner stimulate your anus with their fingers or a small toy while they thrust into you from behind.
Smothering each other in body lube can also make this position even more exciting. It’ll help you move more smoothly against each other and can add an extra level of stimulation.
The possibilities are endless!
If you like the X-rated sex position, here are a few others that you might enjoy:
- The Doggy Style sex position: In this position, the receiver gets down on all fours while the person doing the penetrating stands behind them and penetrates them from there. This is a great position for deeper penetration and can be quite pleasurable for both partners.
- The Reverse Cowgirl sex position: This is essentially the same as the X-rated sex position but with the roles reversed. In this case, the person doing the penetrating is on their back while the receiver mounts them and faces away. This is a great position for clitoral stimulation and offers a different angle of penetration.
- The Spooning sex position: In this position, both partners lie on their sides facing in the same direction and the person doing the penetrating enters from behind. This is a great position for slow and intimate sex.
- The Missionary sex position: This is a classic position in which the person doing the penetrating is on top of the receiver with their legs between theirs. This is a great position for couples who want to be face-to-face during sex.
The X-rated sex position is a great way to spice up your sex life and add some excitement. It’s also a great position for those who want to be in control during sex. This position is definitely not for everyone, but it’s definitely worth a try!