Level of Difficulty:
Level of Flexibility:
Best for Body Types:
The face to face sex position is all about intimacy, both emotional and physical. When you have sex face-to-face, it increases the oxytocin levels in your body, which is the ‘love’ chemical associated with bonding and relationship-building. So if you want to deepen the connection with your partner, this is the way to do it.
To get into the face-off sex position, the penetrating partner sits on a comfortable chair or the edge of the bed. The receiving partner climbs onto their lap and wraps their arms around the penetrating partner’s back. From there, they lower themselves down onto the partner’s penis or dildo.
Once you’re in position, the receiver can go for a ride or hover while the penetrating partner holds their hips and thrusts. Remember to take things slow and focus on each other’s eyes to really maximize the intimacy.
This is a great position for both vaginal and anal sex. Just make sure your partner is thoroughly aroused and lubed up before going to town!
And always remember to take your time, share your partner’s pleasure, stare into their eyes and watch the fireworks unfold.
The face to face is a highly intimate position. The receiving partner can lower themselves down onto the penetrating partner's penis or dildo, depending on what kind of stimulation they are looking for.
How does a couple perform the Face to Face sex position?
- The penetrating partner sits on a comfortable chair or the edge of the bed.
- The receiving partner climbs onto their lap and wraps their arms around the penetrating partner’s back.
- From there, they lower themselves down onto the partner’s penis or dildo.
- Once you’re in position, the receiver can go for a ride or hover while the penetrating partner holds their hips and thrusts.
How difficult is this sex position to do?
The face to face sex position is not difficult to do. The main thing to keep in mind is to take things slow and focus on each other’s eyes to really maximize the intimacy.
Is this sex position good for vaginal sex?
Yes, the Face to Face sex position is great for vaginal sex. You can wrap your legs around your partner’s waist for stability and move in unison with their thrusts. Plus, the added pressure against your pelvic floor will feel amazing. Just be sure to use plenty of lube!
Also, it really increases the physical intimacy with your partner, and those increased oxytocin levels mentioned earlier just add to the sexual experience. If you’re looking for an intense sexual experience, this is the position for you.
Is this position good for anal sex?
Yes, the Face to Face sex position is also great for anal sex. When you’re in this position, your partner has plenty of room to thrust without putting pressure on your anus. Just use a sensual, slow thrust to get started and then increase the speed as you get closer to orgasm.
What are the benefits of the Face to Face sex position?
The benefits of the face to face sex position are:
- It increases oxytocin levels, which deepens the connection with your partner.
- It provides a high degree of intimacy, both emotional and physical.
- It gives the penetrating partner control over the depth and angle of penetration.
- It is suitable for both vaginal and anal sex.
What are the drawbacks of the Face to Face sex position?
There are a few drawbacks to this position. First of all, you can penetrate pretty deep in this position, especially if you lift your partners legs up or they wrap them around your waist. If you’re not careful, you can go too deep, which can cause some discomfort.
Another issue is that because you’re so close to each other, there’s nowhere to hide if you get self-conscious about your body. If you’re not comfortable being that up-close and personal with your partner, this position might not be for you.
What are the variations of the Face to Face sex position?
There are a few variations of the face-off sex position that can make it even more pleasurable for both partners.
- The Seated Scissor: This variation is similar to the original face-to-face sex position, but with a little twist. Instead of sitting upright, the receiving partner leans back into a half-seated position. From there, they can spread their legs and wrap them around the penetrating partner’s waist for deeper penetration.
- The Reverse Face to Face: This variation is great for anal sex. The penetrating partner sits on the edge of a chair or the bed with their legs spread. The receiving partner then lowers themselves down onto their partner’s penis or dildo, facing away from them. Once in position, they can use their hands to help rock back and forth for a truly wild ride.
- The Standing Face to Face: In this variation, the penetrating partner remains standing, in front of a table or bed. The receiving partner then stands facing them and raising one leg onto the bed or table. The penetrating partner is then able to thrust deeply into their mate.
Can sex toys be used with this position?
Absolutely! In fact, this is one of the best positions to use sex toys because it leaves your hands free to explore each other’s bodies. Here are a few ideas:
- For clitoral stimulation: Use a vibrator or your fingers to rub your partner’s clit while they’re riding you. This will help them reach orgasm quicker and make the experience even more enjoyable for both of you.
- For G-spot stimulation: Use a G-spot vibrator or dildo in this position to directly stimulate your partner’s G-spot. This will make it easier for them to reach orgasm and could lead to some pretty intense experiences!
- For anal stimulation: If you’re penetrating your partner vaginally, you can use a vibrating butt plug to stimulate their prostate at the same time. This will make the experience even more pleasurable for both of you.
Can sex toys be used the Face to Face sex position?
Absolutely! In fact, the face-to-face sex position is the perfect position to use a vibrator or other sex toy. Here are a few examples:
- The We-Vibe 4 Plus: This couples’ vibrator can be worn by the woman during sex. The U-shape design nestles against her clitoris and G-spot for stimulation, while the penis or dildo fills her up. This means both partners get to enjoy vibrations during penetrative sex!
- The Lelo Tiani 3: Another great couples’ vibrator, the Tiani 3 is designed to be worn by the woman during sex. It has a contoured shape that nestles against her clitoris and G-spot for stimulation, while the penis or dildo fills her up. The Tiani 3 also has an external arm that vibrates against the man’s shaft and testicles for extra fun.
- The Womanizer 2GO: This unique toy stimulates the woman’s clitoris with gentle suction and vibration. The compact design makes it easy to use during sex, and it’s even waterproof so you can take it into the shower for some wet and wild fun!
If you like the Face to Face sex position, what other positions would you like?
Here are 4 other great sex positions that you might enjoy:
- The Cowgirl: In this position, the receiving partner sits on the penetrating partner’s lap with their legs spread. The penetrating partner then guides their penis into their partner’s vagina from behind.
- The Doggy Style: This is probably the most popular sexual position in the world. The receiving partner lies down on their back with their legs bent up towards their chest. The penetrating partner then lowers themselves onto the receiver’s penis or dildo from a standing or kneeling position.
- The Reverse Cowgirl: In this variation, the penetrating partner sits on top of the receiving partner with their legs spread. From there, they can thrust deeply into their mate while they enjoy a good ride.
- The Spooning Position: This is a classic love position that allows for deep penetration and plenty of skin-on-skin contact. spouses can be spooned from either side and will experience maximum pleasure from this intimate position.
Whether you’re looking to deepen your emotional connection with your partner or just want some hot and heavy sex, the Face to Face sex position is definitely a great way to go.
With its variations and easy-to-follow instructions, it’s sure to make your bedroom go boom!