These days, great online communication skills aren’t just helpful to have. They’re absolutely essential when it comes to many things, dating included. Whether you’ve got a steady partner who loves to sext or you’re a sexy single that likes to hook up over Tinder once in a while, cybersex is definitely something it pays to be good at. Let’s go over what cybersex actually is, as well as touch on a few essentials guaranteed to keep you on that cyber-hottie’s mind for weeks to come.
What Counts as Cybersex?
You don’t necessarily have to be getting down and dirty in a chat room to be having cybersex. The term “cybersex” can refer to any online communication that’s erotically charged or sexually oriented. Examples include:
- Sexting with your significant other, a potential hookup, or anyone else.
- Webcamming with someone in a sexually oriented manner.
- Writing and sending sexually descriptive email.
- Taking and sending nude photos with the intent to arouse or sexually titillate the recipient.
In other words, cybersex is an enjoyable and very common way to connect with other people and have a little flirty fun. Sometimes it’s a precursor to actual sex and sometimes it’s not. Some people engage in cybersex as a form of sexual inspiration and others just see it as an entertaining way to pass the time as well.
Cybering Like a Boss
These days, the chances are pretty good that you’ve already had some form of cybersex whether you knew what you were doing at the time or not. However, even the savviest cyber master had to start somewhere. Whether you’re getting ready to cyber for the first time or simply want to know how to be better at it, the following tips can help you get where you want to be.
- Leave your expectations at the door. Most people who love to cyber don’t take it terribly seriously, so check your expectations at the door. Although anything’s possible, even the hottest cyber session is unlikely to lead to anything serious, so there’s no need to overthink things. Just relax and enjoy the ride for what it is.
- Let your creativity run wild. The beauty of cybersex is that reality doesn’t have to get in the way of your having a great time. Unless you’ve decided to cyber over webcam or exchange pictures in real time, this person isn’t right in front of you, nor can they see you. That gives you free reign to get imaginative when describing what you’re wearing, where you are, what you’re doing, and so forth. Don’t be afraid to use that to your advantage!
- Seize the opportunity to explore your fantasies. Cybersex is an ideal way to explore your fantasies in as much detail and with as much freedom as you like. Plus, there’s nothing hotter and sexier than hearing about someone’s naughtiest, most illicit secret desires. Are you curious about bondage play? Interested in exploring BDSM virtually before you try it for real? Fascinated by the idea of gender swapping or role reversal? Work it into your cyber sessions to make them extra hot.
- Take your time. Cybersex and real sex actually have one very important thing in common. They’re both better when you take your time and don’t rush to get to the good stuff. Don’t put all your cards on the table right away. Tease your partner a little first and get them really turned on a little at a time. Letting the anticipation build a little bit is one of the best ways to ensure a memorable finish.
- Practice makes perfect. Unless you’re a writer, it’s probably going to take some time for you to really hit your stride when it comes to cybersex. However, a little research and practice never hurt anyone, right? Try reading some erotica for inspiration on how to describe body parts, sex acts, and other naughty things in a way that sounds red hot instead of awkward. Then practice writing out scenarios of your own until composing sexy, descriptive prose feels like second nature to you.
- Use emoji wisely. Again, cybersex is best when you don’t take it super seriously and emoji are perfect ways to keep things light. Definitely don’t overuse them or keep throwing them out there through the whole conversation. Do throw one in from time to time as a way to keep the mood fun and non-serious.
Most importantly, don’t be afraid to cultivate your own cybersex style as well. Cyber conversations are like any other interaction in that it pays to let your unique personality and communication style shine through a little and work for you. Who knows! It may just get you laid or leave you convinced that you have a knack for writing erotica after all. Why not try it and see?