Level of Difficulty:
Level of Flexibility:
If you’re tired of the “vanilla” sex positions (aka missionary) and are looking for something more interesting, the butterfly sex position is perfect for you.
It’s easy for the receiving partner to do and can be done on a bed or table. The penetrating partner will need to do most of the work, but it’s worth it.
To do the butterfly position, the receiving partner should lie back while the penetrating partner lifts their hips up. The receiving partner can put their legs on the penetrating partner’s chest or shoulders, or on either side of their waist.
In the Butterfly sex position, the person on their back should place their feet on their partners shoulders while the other partner penetrates from a standing or kneeling position.
How do you perform the Butterfly sex position?
- The receiving partner should lie down on their back with their legs in the air.
- The penetrating partner should grab the receiving partner’s buttocks and lift their hips up.
- The receiving partner can put their legs on the penetrating partner’s chest or shoulders, or wrap them around the penetrating partner’s waist.
- The penetrating partner should thrust into the receiving partner.
A few tips include:
- Supporting your hips/waist with pillows or cushions is a good way to prevent fatigue for both you and your man.
- If the penetrating partner is on their knees, a pillow under them can provide comfort and avoid injury.
- For deeper penetration and easier G-Spot stimulation, have your hips slightly higher than your partner’s.
- Experiment with different hip heights until you find the most pleasurable angle.
How difficult is this sex position to do?
The butterfly sex position is not the easiest to perform. It requires a lot of flexibility on the receiving partner end plus it can be quite challenging for the penetrating partner. The penetrating partner will need to have good upper body strength to lift the receiving partner’s hips up.
Is this position good for vaginal sex?
Yes, the butterfly position is great for vaginal sex. The penetrating partner can control the depth and and speed of thrusts while the receiving partner can control the angle of penetration, making it easier to hit the G-Spot. In addition, the position provides plenty of clitoral stimulation, which is essential for most women to reach orgasm.
Is this position it good for anal sex?
Yes, the butterfly position can also be adapted for anal sex. The receiving partner should put their legs over the penetrating partner’s shoulders instead of wrapping them around their waist. This will give the penetrating partner easier access to their partner’s anus.
What are the benefits of this sex position?
- The butterfly sex position is great for G-spot stimulation.
- It’s also perfect for clitoral stimulation, especially if the receiving partner wraps their legs around their partner’s waist.
- The penetrating partner also gets a great view of their partner’s body.
What are the drawbacks of this position it?
- The butterfly sex position can be tiring for the penetrating partner if they’re not used to doing a lot of work during sex.
- It can also be difficult to maintain for extended periods of time.
What are the variations of the Butterfly sex position?
There are a few variations of the butterfly sex position that can make it even more enjoyable.
- Try standing: The penetrating partner can stand at the edge of the bed or table, rather than kneeling, to allow them to thrust even more.
- Change the leg position: For the ultra flexible, the receiving partner can put their legs over their head for a deeper penetration.
- For the less flexible: For those that aren’t as flexible, the receiving partner can lie on their side in a spoon position.
- Let’s get deep: The receiving partner can bring their knees up to their chest allowing for even deeper penetration.
- Do it reverse: This one is tricky and far more of a novelty, but the receiving partner can lie on their stomach while the penetrating partner mounts them from behind.
- Get kinky with it: The receiving partner can hold onto their ankles while the penetrating partner holds them up in the air. This is a very advanced move.
- Add a vibrator: The receiving partner can put a vibrator on their clit while the penetrating partner does their thing. This is sure to send you both over the edge!
- Make it a threesome: The third person can enter the equation by either performing oral sex on the receiving partner or receiving oral sex by squatting over the receiving partner’s face and letting them munch on their private areas.
Whichever way you decide to do it, the butterfly sex position is sure to be a fun and wild ride!
Can sex toys be used with this position?
Yes! The butterfly sex position is great for using sex toys.
- For clitoral stimulation: The receiving partner can use a vibrator on their clitoris while in the butterfly position.
- For anal stimulation: The receiving partner can use a anal plug or beads to stimulate their anus while thrusting.
- For G-spot stimulation: The penetrating partner can penetrate their partner anally while using a vibrator or dildo to stimulate the G-spot.
No matter what your pleasure, there’s a sex toy that can be used with the butterfly sex position to make it even better!
If you like the Butterfly sex position, you may also like:
- The Wheelbarrow: This is a great position for deeper penetration. The receiving partner should get into a low push-up position while the penetrating partner holds onto their hips.
- The Reverse Cowgirl: The reverse cowgirl is perfect for when you want to take charge. You’ll get to control the speed and depth of penetration, and your partner will love getting a front row seat to the action.
- The Spoons: This position is perfect for when you want to cuddle and have some slow, intimate sex. The spooning position is also great for when you’re pregnant or have a baby, because it’s gentle and doesn’t put any pressure on your stomach.
- The Lotus: This is a great position for intimacy. The receiving partner should sit on the penetrating partner’s lap with their legs wrapped around their waist.
- Doggy Style: The doggy style is perfect for when you want to get hard and fast. You’ll have deep penetration and your partner will be able to reach around and stimulate your nipples or clit. Plus, there’s something about the animalistic nature of this position that makes it extra hot.
- The Amazon: This position is perfect for clitoral stimulation. The receiving partner should lie on their back with their legs in the air while the penetrating partner squats over them.
If you’re looking for something new and exciting in the bedroom, the butterfly sex position is a great option. It’s easy to do and can be done on a bed or a table. The penetrating partner will need to do most of the work, but it’s definitely worth it.